Monday 20 June 2011

last morning in vienna

On my last morning in Vienna, I just strolled around the streets in and around the city centre, taking some last shots before it was time to return to the hotel, get my bags and go to the airport.

I like cities that have trams. It's my favourite means of transport in a city, which is probably because I grew up near a city with over a dozen tram lines. I especially like the older ones, that still look like the goold old, old fasioned trams. In my city, the old ones are almost all gone, replaced by modern, much more silent (almost too silent for my taste) ones. In Vienna, there are still some older ones left. And they're a nice red, which is especially nice for a selective colour treatment.

Vienna, Burgtheater, May 2011
Looks like this is going to develop into a little series of "Selective Colour Vienna" :).

No comments: